View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 03:18 PM
Industry Strnd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by point432 View Post
All the other ACMI's (I consider us more of tradition airline...and when I mean tradition, your post describes it.) have more technology. My friends all laughed when I sent them the photo of me sitting in my hotel room with the bid packet spread out on the bed. ABX, the Amish airline. Lets have casual Fridays here...we can all dress up as a band of Amish walking through the door. Amish can drive tractors as long as they have steel wheels, right?

And you're right. with more technology...I know one that is pretty cheap and even they invested in EFBs and computerized scheduling 7+ years ago. Even ahead of the majors.
Technology at ABX lol. Management is too busy pounding their fist threatening if pilots don't meet their demands they will furlough! Real airlines hire management with proven track records and an ability to plan for the future adapt to changes and progress with the times.
Management styles that are effective don't not try to beat employees down. Many studies have shown threats don't produce, yet that's all they know. Instead ATSG stands by their guys letting 50% of the pilots quit, making others want to retire early and alot of the rest seek jobs elsewhere. The rest grow hatred for the company.