Thread: PSA or Commutair?

Thedude86 , 07-18-2018 07:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Thedude86
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2017
Quote: So Republic or Endeavor with 18 days off, that would mean each 4 day trip is worth about 28 hours? Any idea how many legs Endeavor does each day to get to 28 hours? Seems like there would not be as many short flights out of Atlanta like we do out of Charlotte, ie to GSO, GSP, AVL, etc that are basically 20 minute flights.
I think Republic and Endeavor on average have longer flights than we do, but the main difference is the soft pay (DH pay, min day, overtime).

I know Endeavor, and also Republic if I’m not mistaken, pays 150% and 200% for overtime pay compared to our 125% and 150%. Plus they have a min day with no carve outs of 4 or 4.25 hours a day compared to our 3.5 which only applies if you start before noon on day 1 and/or end after 5:00 on the last day. Plus 100% DH pay compared to our 50%.

If we had a min day of 4 hours with no carve outs and 100% DH that would give me an extra 4-7 hours per month with the same schedules we have now.

And it’s not just Endeavor and Republic. Someone posted a screenshot of Mesa’s (Mesa for crying out loud) opentime on processing a month or so ago. Almost every 4 day trip was over 20 hours. 3 days were over 15 hours. That was their OPEN TIME. If that was their open time what kind of credit are guys actually flying with their awarded schedules?