View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 07:04 AM
Punkah Louvre
Bus Driver ordinarie

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Airbus CA
Default RSV

Originally Posted by MIkeFavinger View Post
5-8 months depending on airframe in NYC as of August. (Oct 900/Jan 200 when adding 3 months for training).
And remember; RSV is a moving target. As an new hire FO 2 years ago I (didn't) sit RSV for 2 months. I flew 85-90hrs a month and then got a line with 15 days off.

We are planning growth of 25% across the company per Bill (33% DCI lift to at least 40%)
Its safe to bet more of that fleet growth will be 2 class. The miniBus will not take all NYC flying either, as some have suggested. It is initially going to NYC & SLC and I think Republic is more likely to be impacted most as the 175s currently do more of the longest legs (DFW, iAH, MSY) et al. Of course we will loose some, and the heavy will pick up some deuce flying. Mainline wants dual class in NY.

Sitting RSV sucks. FO's are sitting around and CAs are being brutalized. Look at Junior NYC CA 900 lines and see much people are awarded in the credit push. Sometimes its over 100h!

This business is feast or famine. get used to it. You will consolidate. you will get off RSV. You will hold a 16 day off line. You will do a decent job and upgrade.
Then you'll move on. Enjoy your time here. One day you'll look back fondly.