Old 07-29-2018, 01:19 PM
Slaphappy
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by jDSTJD View Post
I'm sorry but this is awful. Yes it is true that these recent news stories about black passengers acting rediculous on flights, and the fact that the stories keep happening it seems one after another, does not make "us" (black people/African Americans, whichever you want to pick) look good, this doesn't mean that there are only black people acting loony on flights and having to have flight crews take remedial action. The conflicts involving non-black crazies just don't appear to be as newsworthy because of the sensationalism race related incidents. So it gives the impression that it's just "blacks acting self righteously indignant after being called out for it". I cringe when I see this stuff because it looks bad but the condescending way you posted this is, in my opinion, beneath the intelligence and professional stature that I admire(d) you all for.
This was made about race, the title of the article was saying that she was thrown off because she was "flying while black" has nothing to do with that. This is happening more and more these days. People are using their race to turn this around on others.