Gets Weekends Off
TheBaron
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2007
  • Position
    MD-11 FO
Quote: Just left my request to veto the bill. Thank you for posting the phone #.

My reason: Apply the age vs. experience issue to medicine. Suppose you have just been informed that you need major open heart surgery. Your primary care physician recommends a doctor who is 45 years old. He is a graduate from a renouned medical university and has 15 years of experience since graduating from med school. Are you going to say, "No way - I want an older doctor" So I guess the best heart doctors are the ones who are 90 years old and graduated from med school in 1942? Would you put your life in the hands of a doctor 90 year old doctor? Well, he has the most experience, right?

There is a limit to the tradeoff between experience and age, and in aviaiton, that limit should be 60.

Rott.
OK. Here is another take on your argument. You lose your hand in an accident an you need it reattached. The top hand surgeons in the world are Dr. Joeseph Kutz and Dr. Harold Kleinert. They are the ones that led the U.S. team that has performed the only long term successful hand transplants and pioneered reattachment of severed arms and hands.
Dr. Kutz is in his early 70's and Dr. Kleinert....he graduated Temple Medical School back in 1946, so you can guess how old he is. Sure there is a tradeoff with age, and it's different for different people. I just don't think you are the expert to decide what that age is.