View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Cirrus2turbine
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

I have been reading APC's forum for months as I start the process of working on my COM/ME and retiring from a 30 year corporate life to fulfilling a lifelong dream of becoming professional pilot. TW has been on my radar for some time. I'm 52, will have about 800 hours TT by EOY and completed my COM/ME. I live in NY and quite frankly the pay isn't as important to me as some of the younger guys. But a place like TWs can provide me a chance to learn, get time and start a career as a professional pilot. Obviously, meeting all their (or other 135 operations requirements).

But reading this reminds me of when I started in sales when I was 22. I was sent on the worst trips, worst locations, dealt with the worst customers. I never knew what my bosses and leadership would throw at us as young sales team members. It was tiring and frustrating and hard. But I built my "hours" and learned while learning to adapt and grow as a professional.
Quite frankly, it's operations like TW's and the current state of pilot need that will provide me a chance to fulfill my own dreams. Hard work and tough environments just don't scare me anymore.

Last edited by Cirrus2turbine; 08-01-2018 at 06:53 PM.