View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 09:08 PM
planesense
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Default Republic vs. PSA

I love the things I hear/read about Republic, and I already have an interview scheduled in a few weeks. However, I'm a little concerned about a few things...

I live close to BNA, have a family and am not interested in moving. So I'll be commuting, but to where most likely? I don't necessarily mind the idea of commuting, but I'm concerned about reserve time, as that would definitely take me away from home a lot more.

I understand I can expect to upgrade in around 2 years, so what will that mean as far as bases go? I know FO junior/senior bases aren't usually the same as CA junior/senior bases.

Another option I have is PSA, which has a crew base 2.5 hours drive time from me (TYS). I'm hearing some negative things about PSA, and I hear mostly positive things about Republic, but with QOL being my number one consideration, I'm wondering if I'd be better off living close to base. I'm told I could easily get the TYS base right out of training, but then I've also heard that PSA forces upgrades and makes people change their bases.

As a side note, my current long-term goal is to fly for SWA.

Appreciate any advice on this... a little bewildered with all the information I'm trying to ingest!