View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 12:28 PM
Irishblackbird
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Go to Republic, better contract, better pay, better reserve rules. I've heard a few FO''s and newly forced CA''s who say they going to leave. You will move up the seniority list fast your first year at PSA then it will slow as you reach CA. As more pilots get within a few years of flow many abandone their job search an just stick it out. This will increase your reserve time as a CA. If you are lookin at TYS, know it is a pretty senior base, they have no hot reserve, but I think the call out is an hour for short call, don't think you'll be able to do that from BNA with a 2.5 hour drive.

I have been fortunate in that I have enjoyed my time here so far, but worry about the direction of things in the future. Round 1 qol is awesome because of SAP, but our pairings are crap and low credit and you will need to adjust to get the credit you want. You'll get to experience it for maybe a year then you will be forced to upgrade and likely be on reserve for at least 1.5 -2 years. No one here knows for sure what will happen to the scheduling system and we may be getting PBS. That being said we will probably lose a lot of flexibility with our SAP. Furthermore there appears to be a degradation in the processing times of our SAP, and the company and union don't seem concerned with fixing it.

Just about everyone wants to get to the next level in their careers, that being said go somewhere you will have the the best QOL if you get stuck. We have nothing contractual here with our bonus and our hourly rates are lagging, if something happens to slow the industry down, things could get bad in a hurry.

One last thing to consider, is that our union is wothless.