Thread: Skywest v2.0
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 08:56 AM
Check Complete
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by RickRoss View Post
I got a franctic call from CS to sit RDY(2hr call-out) for 2.25hrs. Being the good employee and not wanting to make waves I did it, and of course I was not utilized. Is there a better way to handle these calls? Seemed like a major waste of time and the Sbarro i had was just as gross as I remember it to be.
RR,

For the love of all that is holy, STOP ANSWERING YOUR PHONE!!!

STOP ANSWERING YOUR PHONE!!!

Helping the company out like that is why nobody can get a day off. Ya, we are short on reserves but it is not the fault of the pilot group, it's management's problem. They are counting on people to pick up the phone and help out, it helps their bottom line. They just plan on needing less reserves and it's a death spiral for the pilot group for anyone wanting some pop up vaca days off.

And if you think for a moment that CS will remember you down the road for one of your requests, you're dead wrong.

And if people would stop picking up open time maybe the over ride would get bumped up. Many airlines it's 100% over ride and I think I heard at Mesa it's up to 300%!

We pay 15% at ten days out, that's truly retarded!

Again this just helps out management while they make record profits and the pilots get record industry low.

Please don't answer your phone.