View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 01:02 PM
Jecain7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Originally Posted by chubakabrah View Post
Putting all emotions and hurt aside, how often are you really DHing twice for one leg? Every day? Every other day? I understand the frustration, I fly part 135 right now, but I do know that the majority of the time everything is fine. Once a month or every few weeks #@$%# happens and at times I feel like it's "ALL THE TIME", but realistically it's not.

Pilots all seem to be Type A and a bit gung-ho but often a little over-entitled and exaggerated. I did 8.5 years as an Infantryman with a few deployments in the US Army, I know what suck is..... Sitting in my 40ft gooseneck trailer, chilling on reserve, 15min away from the airport isn't sucking, in my opinion.

I have unpaid reserve here at my part 135, but I chill and relax and if I get called I go fly. If I don't then I've sat for 2 days straight unpaid and played the #@$%^ out of my PS4 or PC and had a good time.

On a more serious question though, how often are you getting converted to HOT reserve? I hear HOT is not used every time at PSA. I might have to take my laptop to the airport and play my movies or games there..... That might suck,
Ask the guys on reserve, they’ll tell ya how often it happens. But I absolutely did double DH out of DCA while I was on reserve for one leg. Very little exaggeration in my post, hence why I said it.