View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 06:59 AM
kevin18
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by Quarryman View Post
With all due respect, your exuberance is clouding your judgment. People where forcibly displaced from their homes and families to this so called "upgrade" where many people are taking a financial hit due to having a household with a family in one city and a crashpad or hotel in another base. This was done involuntarily and yet called voluntary, clearing the company of any financial responsibility to relocate these displaced individuals. This was done without any input of the voting membership who pay money to have representation. Promises were made to have improved reserve rules and those promises were broken. Families suffered when the single most important institution, seniority, was sold out. Had the voting membership had a voice, then maybe things would have been different. Back in history, large quantities of tea were dumped into Boston Harbor. Today, we sit idle and watch the unfolding of events gone unchecked.

Take your RV and go somewhere else (please).

Hmm, where to start on this. Understand, when the company is bringing in a significant amount of military retirees we’re coming with a lot of ignorance, and a completely different look on things. I’ll be honest, I don’t know much about a union, or the airlines industry. I do know that someone simply asking another to leave certainly isn’t going to gain favor of that person, or their peers.

Instead of shaming someone and trying to shut them down, a very common and ineffective tactic, try educating and showing them what the issue is. You kind of did that, then threw it all out with the bath water in your last remark. I haven’t posted much on here, but what I have noticed is that there is a lot of infighting in the peer group.

Military members are used to being undervalued, and being in a new corporate environment with a union is a way, or should be, to fix that. I think that should be the message. Not a take your toys and go home.

Just my two cents.