View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 10:27 AM
irrelevant
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by kevin18 View Post
Hmm, where to start on this. Understand, when the company is bringing in a significant amount of military retirees we’re coming with a lot of ignorance, and a completely different look on things. I’ll be honest, I don’t know much about a union, or the airlines industry. I do know that someone simply asking another to leave certainly isn’t going to gain favor of that person, or their peers.

Instead of shaming someone and trying to shut them down, a very common and ineffective tactic, try educating and showing them what the issue is. You kind of did that, then threw it all out with the bath water in your last remark. I haven’t posted much on here, but what I have noticed is that there is a lot of infighting in the peer group.

Military members are used to being undervalued, and being in a new corporate environment with a union is a way, or should be, to fix that. I think that should be the message. Not a take your toys and go home.

Just my two cents.
That’s a reasonable position. Some of us are a little sensitive, because management would prefer we live in a cardboard box under the overpass next to the airport. When someone posts something they’re comfortable doing, that starts to sound remotely close to that cardboard box, some of us will probably have some issue with it, even if it wasn’t written with that intent.