Thread: Attitude
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 04:53 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

While I am somewhat new to the company I can wholeheartedly say that you shouldn’t be sticking up for this company, or any airline really. There is a sharp divide between Managment and labor and the company will not stick up for you beyond what they are legally required too. Your Union is the one that does that, in therory.

Anyway, I have had a fantastic experience with Envoy crews so far, so don’t misinterpret what people are saying. Lots of the posters on here were around during the **** days and watched the company screw them over without mercy, so while you have a very optimistic and positive approach to it, others see the writing on the wall.

My biggest fear as that all of this optimism and positive advancement is going to make our pilot group complacent and when things go to hell, which they will again, we won’t have any seasoned union guys/gals to step up.

It’s easy to be rosy and starry eyed when the company is throwing money around but understand, the very moment they don’t have to, they won’t. The company is playing nice for their benefit, not ours.

Lastly, like I said, I have had a great experience and hope it continues, just don’t come on here expecting those that have seen the dark side to just roll over.