View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Thedude86
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by itsmytime View Post
The change in demeanor of "chrisreed" is really telling. Early this year, he was full of optimism. "Things are in the works, payrates are coming, i've got sources inside."

His posts lately have taken on a much different tone. Which is very telling.
I was thinking the same thing.

I think everyone was already upset earlier this year, but we were also at least optimistic that change was coming after the Endeavor and Republic votes thinking we were about to see something as well. I have even referred a few friends in the past. But now I can not consciously refer someone even for a $5,000 referral bonus. What kind of friend would I be?

It’s become obvious that we aren’t going to see any kind of changes until classes start drying up. Doesn’t matter if you’re forced to upgrade into a different base after you just bought a new house. Forced to sit reserve for years with less days off for a measly few hundred bucks extra a month (hope you don’t need a crashpad). Abusing reserves. Sitting hot reserve to the max every month now. First out last out requests that the company doesn’t even honor. SAP, the only good thing we ever had, is now just about dead and useless. Seniority did not matter with SAP. Now you have to hope to get awarded a decent original line because who knows if you’ll be able trade for anything decent during SAP and hope it doesn’t get denied when it finally processes 7 hours later.

Like I’ve said a million times before, even if we match Endeavor rates we will still be below average with our crappy soft pay, reserve rules, and other work rules. To bring us up in the same ball park as Endeavor or Republic we’re going to need 7 or 8 new LOAs. Not just pay rates.

For anyone considering PSA, the only reason to come here is if you live in one of our bases, but even that is a stretch when you can commute and still have more days off and higher pay elsewhere. If you really want to come to PSA I would suggest waiting a few months and see if there’s any changes that occur. I know seniority is king in the airline industry, but we’re never going to see anything if we’re still filling classes. Which is still beyond me how that’s happening.