Thread: SWA hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 12:06 PM
RJSAviator76
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Tbpilot06 View Post
I’m looking at the way you all view corporate pilots on this Southwest forum and I have discovered that one wouldn’t really be welcome even if we were interested. I am a corporate pilot and have never missed a major family event, any Christmas or Thanksgiving. I obviously don’t think poorly of airline flying since I’m interested in joining the ranks if I can get interviewed, but some of the viewpoints here are plain incorrect. I guess it depends on the company someone works for, but if we need a day off we ask and get approved even if we need a contact pilot to fill in. We don’t fly 8 year olds or anyone not conducting business for our company for that matter. Our passengers even clean up after the flight. It’s wrong to think anyone group is better than the other as each job requires different skills and interactions with people. I apologize for being interested in Southwest based on the responses from many here. I will go back to “wasting my time” at my corporate job.
... and the truth shall set you free!

If you can't see this as a roast and poking fun at what a number of us did prior to coming here, perhaps you're indeed better off at Delta or American or some other place where being uptight is a job requirement, to include your corporate job.