Old 08-15-2018, 08:06 AM
Fleet Warp
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

I predict that the regionals that still exist in 5 years will be the ones without a fatal accident. As for the rest, even if they don't exist in name the pilots and airplanes will still exist under someone else's name after a M&A. And this.

Originally Posted by Soxfan1 View Post
My point is I agree that the current total amount of regionals, total aircraft in said regionals and total regionals pilots will go down over the next 5-7 years but to predict who will survive and who won’t based on today’s flavor of the month is impossible. Just go back 5-7 years or 5-7 before that. Would ASA, ACA, Comair or Expressjet be on these shortlist’s? I bet they would.

Pick your regional today not on the future but on the now. Look at pay. Work rules. Bases. QOL. Upgrade times. Flows. Figure out the importance of each and you have your answer. If your pick is gone in three years well you got 3500 total with 2000 121 hours with maybe 1000 121 turbine PIC. Even in all but the worst of times you could get another regional job with those numbers. In the mean time you had a good QOL for the past 3 years.

And if your pick is still there that means times are good and with those numbers you should be competive at all LCCs and if the trend continues - legacies as well.