Old 08-16-2018, 08:03 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by sflpilot View Post
I didn’t want to set off a fire storm. You have people come on here and say that everything is great in my suburb, but it’s not reality for many places in the country from what I have seen where I’m at driving around. This really isn’t even political it’s been going on for decades. I just wanted to point out that they would have a large applicant pool willing to become pilots for free training.
You are entitled to your opinion but mine differs. Even the US military is having trouble getting people to enlist, and are having to raise bonuses and drop their standards considerably to fill their ranks, at times to a degree that just wouldn't be acceptable in aviation:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...to-fill-ranks/

You are asking many of the same people to start down a path that will take them three years just to get to a regional, three years when they are obliged to not drink excessively, not do drugs, not have any run-ins with the law. Will SOME take you up on this and be successful? Sure. Will many be willing and capable of seeing it through? A lot fewer, I believe, than you think.