View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 05:36 PM
DelTacoBowl
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Sure...OO is telling the pilot group to pound sand. Making a point that we should be grateful for every penny they toss our way, like the kids in Cabo that dive in the water for the change white people throw in the harbor. My point has always been that pilot domiciles remain the best recruitment tool their is. OO has the most. That gives them the largest population spread to pull from. It is well known that not commuting to a regional job is the only way to make it tolerable. Combine that with the fact that everyone assumes (incorrectly) that they are "just passing through" on their way to United. 4600 pilots at the beginning of the year, 4650ish now. Means they are keeping up with attrition. Cue the hordes that say "but just wait, the pilot shortage is coming! Then we will finally be able to stick it to them." Been waiting for it, tired of waiting for it. Off to my dream job in October. Only way to win against SGU is to work your butt off, be a professional, network like hell, and get out. If the economy hits the fan, OO is the most financially healthy regional, great backstop if things don't cut your way career wise.

Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
I know it's been beaten into the ground, but I'd like to start this thread specifically to discuss the pay situation.

In light of the recent turnout and mgmt's statement of having no interest in reopening "pay talks", does anyone have any idea of what to expect going forward?

Not complaining really, but it's getting difficult to pay the bills.

Plus I'm hearing that LGA reserve guys aren't getting called.