View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 07:12 AM
OldBill
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by rickshaw View Post
Generally speaking RTP guys generally won't be CA material at 1000 hrs. way back when...2500 hrs was a pretty good target for UPG. I challenge these guys to not to waste their 1000 hrs. coasting in R seat while the CA wonders what surprise they have to clean up next. Its asking too much of these individuals with little or no XC, IMC, ATC experience, marginal flying skills at best... to think they'll have the tools to make good informed decisions in a 121 environment is nieve. I start my day looking at headlines hoping PSA isn't in one.
You my friend, don't have a clue what you're talking about. A few observations......
1. RTP pilots are an asset to ALL the regionals and are here to stay.
2. You have never walked in our shoes and dealt with the sacrifices over the past 15 years with a 2 front war.
3. Marginal flying skills. You're kidding me right? If you think that being a CFI flying around in the pattern for 1500 hours qualifies an individual more than a RTP pilot, then you are delusional.
4. Professionalism..... Look it up in the dictionary.
5. If you want to have this conversation over a cup of coffee, send me a PM and we can link up in CLT anytime. I'd be more than happy to hear your thoughts on how to improve the program instead of just bashing said individuals who want to make a difference in this industry.

Cheers!