Thread: R-Days
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 07:43 AM
BYUFlyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by flyjbh View Post
That’s an ignorant statement. You could also say that 70% voted for a pay raise which would also be inaccurate. The problem with single issue voting is that you always have to vote no. We voted on what our negotiators gave us. It wasn’t great, but it was better than we had overall. I bid rsv R11, I drop a block every month. It’s a nice schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not how negotiations should be weighed. I can increase the hourly pay by $1 and legitimately say that it is overall better. Some of us voted no because we knew that we could have done better and that there is such a thing as bluffing in this whole negotiations game. We didn't call their bluff and after their cost neutral earnings report post ratification, 30% of the pilot group were proven to have some credibility in our hope for something that brought us closer to industry standard.

Some of us simply thought that the company was saving enough with the work rules concessions that they could have paid what an Airbus pilot is worth in today's market.