Thread: Final Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 12:47 PM
BosoxH60
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by surfcc11 View Post
Potential new hires be warned. Please asknthe recruiters how long the training footprint is. And then ask them how long it has been the last 4 years. Do not believe them for one second when they tell you things are improving, the are not. Ask about triple premium going away and 11 days off. Please reach out to pilots hired at other regionals and compare the schedules.
Unfortunately, it can be hard out there for someone who has no experience with 121. What to look for, red flags, etc.

When I was looking last year, I tried to take everything with a grain of salt. But I based my decision mostly on domicile, (the idea that I *knew* I was getting PHL and wouldn’t accidentally get stuck on a two leg commute from home was a big thing) because I didn’t really get how bidding different bases worked, and that there’s plenty of info out there for what the junior bases are/time to move. I also may have accidentally focused on the wholly owned for some reason (unknown to me now...). Regardless, I liked the fact that (at the time) there wasn’t a lot of negativity about Piedmont here on APC. Obviously, times change and there doesn’t seem to be any positivity at all, now...

I regret wasting 10+ months (between waiting to start, and then the training footprint), and the blip that’s now on my resume before cutting my losses, but if nothing else, I’ve learned what not to do...

I walked out of my new Indoc with a schedule for the entirety of my training footprint, with 3 weeks of time off interspersed throughout. What an idea!