Old 09-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Check Complete
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
I cannot believe that. Glider pilots are some of the best stick and rudder pilots out there. If given two equal candidates, I would much rather hire the one with some glider time.

With the ridiculous 1500 hour requirement, lots of airlines are being forced to lower their hiring standards (taking people with training failures, DUI’s, etc...) just to get people in the door. I would much rather take a sharp aviatior with 1300 hours of airplane time and 200 hours of glider time, than someone with 1500 hours and training failures, DUI, no degree or low GPA, etc...
We are taking everyone, if you have any means of showing the minimums, you are on! Training failures, DUI's, misdemeanors, doesn't matter. We gladly take other airline failures.

I have been told that we are pursuing with the FAA to have some amount of drone time to help meet the mins. Presently we have teams that go to the military flight training bases to see if any would consider getting out early. In their presentations they include the pay scales of the legacies for further enticement.

I'm sure it's around the corner, kites, log that time it may help you get on?