Thread: Ord 756
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 06:48 AM
WantTheJob
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Default Ord 756

Hello all,

Currently in EWR as 756 FO about 90%. Considering a move to ORD that would place me about 90 - 91% on the list. It would seem that I could bid for and get a line in ORD according to the past couple of months of awards that I have seen in PBS. I am looking for some input from anyone sitting around that percentage or has answers to my questions below. Thanks in advance

1. If I were to hold a line, how easy or hard is it to drop, trade, or pickup trips in ORD. Do the junior line holders find it fairly easy to drop a trip over a weekend if they wanted to or even swap or do you find that you are essentially stuck with what you initially get awarded?

2. If I got reserve in ORD, can I expect to get used for a lot of SC or FS during the month. Do they have as many of those reserve assignments as EWR does or is it a little more relaxed. Ultimately, if I have to sit reserve I am trying to find out if its better to do it in ORD or EWR. The commute is equal for me either way.

I am trying to weigh whether EWR or ORD is the better quality of life on reserve or as a junior line holder. sometimes it looks better from the other side then you find out the opposite once you get there. I appreciate any feedback.