Thread: Ord 756
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 06:02 PM
WantTheJob
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by McNugent View Post
1. It depends on the trips you have. As a junior line holder expect a lot of bunkie LHR mixed with some domestic. I had pretty good luck with criteria trades to get flying positions or my days traded. If you have a flying trip, especially in the winter someone would probably pick it up if you try to drop it.

2. On my reserve months it was a mixed bag. A lot of it depends on how good you are on short call pick ups to avoid trips. I think I sat like 3 months of reserve. Didn’t fly one of those months at all, but was picking up SC’s to avoid work. They will convert you to short call a good bit, but I don’t recall ever getting used. I never was assigned a FS.

ORD 756 has a pretty big mixed bag of international and domestic flying. Your exposure to getting called on reserve is pretty high, however it’s nowhere near say a 737/A320 reserve (or EWR 756). Loved the plane, base, crews and overnights, but ultimately chose to switch planes for better seniority. I’ll go back in a heartbeat when it makes sense seniority wise.
Thanks for the info