Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 02:22 PM
Toddzilla
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Azorian View Post
4. finally, the training contract. 2 years 14K? give me a break. What PIC qualified guy is going to want to come to boutique air, and sign a contract for two years and owe the company a large sum of money when he can just instruct, tow banners, beg steal or borrow flight time for another few months and go get the big $20K bonus at Mesa or Envoy etc?? what PIC in their right mind is going to sign the dotted line with boutique in this climate? And upgrades from within... doesnt seem to be happening at all for some reason, other than the fact that your FOs dont want to upgrade and enter into yet another contract when they can just right seat for a couple of months and bounce to Mesa or Envoy and collect the bonus. Boutique is approaching its staffing issues the wrong way.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the PIC contract is still 1 year/10k, and the SIC contract is the 2 year/14k. I see the logic in that, seeing as it will probably force more pilots into upgrading rather than bailing for a regional at 1500... But I'm not convinced it's the right way to go about it when most bonuses that the airlines are giving out will allow a lot of pilots to buy out the contract if they have to.

That being said, I don't have a solution to staffing woes.

Anybody know the the TEX route is going so far?