View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 07:45 AM
DashTrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SFO Guppy CA

Originally Posted by WantTheJob View Post
Hello all,

Currently in EWR as 756 FO about 90%. Considering a move to ORD that would place me about 90 - 91% on the list. It would seem that I could bid for and get a line in ORD according to the past couple of months of awards that I have seen in PBS. I am looking for some input from anyone sitting around that percentage or has answers to my questions below. Thanks in advance

1. If I were to hold a line, how easy or hard is it to drop, trade, or pickup trips in ORD. Do the junior line holders find it fairly easy to drop a trip over a weekend if they wanted to or even swap or do you find that you are essentially stuck with what you initially get awarded?

2. If I got reserve in ORD, can I expect to get used for a lot of SC or FS during the month. Do they have as many of those reserve assignments as EWR does or is it a little more relaxed. Ultimately, if I have to sit reserve I am trying to find out if its better to do it in ORD or EWR. The commute is equal for me either way.

I am trying to weigh whether EWR or ORD is the better quality of life on reserve or as a junior line holder. sometimes it looks better from the other side then you find out the opposite once you get there. I appreciate any feedback.

I sent PC an email because I’m interested in lateraling to ORD from SFO because the flying is so horrible in SFO on the 756. He said both ORD and SFO are shrinking. So probably going to be a while before anyone gets into ORD. Sorry!!!