Old 10-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Mikeyrb1
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I don't think you have a choice. You have to report the consultation with a health-care provider regardless. That will lead to a discussion of the findings, and you don't want to lie...

Since the doc left you in limbo, I would recommend doing the follow-ups and get a definitive answer BEFORE you get a medical. I can just about guarantee you that "doesn't think you have it, but wants more tests" = denied medical. FAA is pretty hard-over on OSA right now, that and mental health are the hot-buttons du jour.

You might consult with AOPA, AMAS, etc.

If you do have OSA, you can probably fly with treatment (but that might be an SI).
Thanks. Yeah, I need to talk to the doc and get some closure. He ordered another sleep study (in lab this time) but insurance won't cover it and it is like $6K which I am not paying.

I think I might just need to get a second opinion from another doc really, and try to get a confirmation that I don't have OSA. Annoying because I brought it up a few years ago because my wife complained about snoring and then he ordered the study.

I'm really not even at risk. 26 BMI and pretty healthy overall. No problems sleeping or breathing other than snoring sometimes but that's not every night.