Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 11:28 AM
FlyGuy2112
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by ENH017 View Post
You're going to be hired into the 145 in either ORD or LGA, depending on which particular stars have lined up in the cosmos the week of your start of Indoc. Unless you get lucky. You won't though.

As far as reserve goes..
In Chicago, the most senior reserve pilots seem to be NOV/DEC 2017 hires, although they probably held a line for some of the summer months when more lines were around to be had.

In New York, I'm seeing DOH of FEB/MAR of 2017. Same deal.
Going forward..
According to an email sent to us by management, in Chicago lines are supposed to increase to ~120 hard lines in March, that means 15 more people off reserve this spring. Looking further, they're predicting ~145 lines by June.

Every 3 months there's a Vacancy Bid which allows pilots to shuffle bases and equipment (FOs cannot change aircraft without upgrading to CA). These will throw predictions off, and are impossible (for me) to predict.
Long story short, don't commute on reserve. You WILL hate it here. The flow isn't worth it. There's better places to work based on reserve rules alone.
All you flow haters are crazy. The flow is 100% worth it. If you really think it’s going to take a new hire 9 years to flow in this hiring environment you are out of your mind. Flow will have to be increased to keep up with AA’s hiring goals. Delta and United are just ramping up their hiring and attrition will continue to rise. I wouldn’tbe suprised if the entire envoy seniority list was gone in 5 years.