View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 03:27 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by FO Candidate View Post
I'll be on reserve so hotels won't work.
Well you are clearly not thinking through the situation.

Lets say its a 30 day month and you have 11 days off. That means we have 19 nights to worry about. If you can bid and hold RAP2 so you dont have to come in a night early, we can remove even more nights. Lets be conservative though and assume you can only shave off another 3 nights by getting out on your last days and coming in on your first days. This number gets better the longer you are here.

Now we are looking at 16 nights to cover. Lets be real conservative here and say that you only pick up 3 overnights, now we are down to 13 nights. Subtract out the 4 commuter hotels and we are now down to 9 nights.

So, at $30 a night x 9 nights we have $270, call it $300 with taxes and the like. With that, you get a cleaned room daily, your own shower, sink, bed, floor, tv, internet, hotel shuttle, security etc. If you can find a crash pad for $300 that does all that, go for it. However, I would gladly pay a little more for all the privacy and cleanliness of the hotel room.

When I did reserve in DFW, I typically used my four commuter hotels and about 3 paid rooms a month. I commuted in on a RAP2 day one and commuted out on a STBY1 last day.

Sure, if you had to use a hotel out of pocket each night, that would get expensive, but at least in my experience that wasn't the case.