View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 02:18 PM
Dragon7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Pressing On

As a post merger hire, and retired military myself, I think the good Colonel is an outlier. No other new hire I know feels that way and only 1 CA I have flown with, a scab, has said they were ok with a scope giveaway. Perhaps my retired Airline pilot father in law, perhaps good mentoring since getting hired, perhaps watching my airline friends suffer through the lost decade, or perhaps my Navy background makes me more hardcore on scope. Any scope give means I will end my career where it started in a narrow body body right seat.
Fully prepared to personally lead a recall of any Union Leadership who gives on a Scope.
On the other hand I think this issue is a planned distraction. Company knows we are not going to compromise, and exactly why. Holding the line is not a win, it is a given. I think they are after other things, namely code share and non union contractors in TK. Look at how Fedex ALPA got so scope locked on holding their pension they paid little attention to lots of other details in the contract. Now they are dealing with those details, AND now their MEC is coming back with a pension giveaway proposal.

Bottom line you gotta keep the eye on the ball. And scabs.