Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 12:53 AM
aviatorhi
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Window Seat

Originally Posted by Okimyers View Post
Few things I can’t iron out just reading the thread.
1: I live 1.7 hours from TUL. My home airport XNA goes nearly anywhere but it’s not on the gateway list. Can airports be added? Would Omni let me use XNA anyway? I ask because my family only has one car at the moment and not able to get another one for at least 6 months.
YMMV. They might make it a gateway but don't count on it. Alternate travel shouldn't be that difficult though if you have that many airlines serving it.

2: Start to finish, how long is training? (Rough numbers work too)
Approximately 2 months until you start IOE. You're paid from the completion of your PC.

3: I’ve seen a few people say you can be gone from home for over a month involuntarily. Is Omni allowed to give you your days off away from home or am I misreading that?
You can't get days off on the road, but you can get the first 12 of one month OFF, be used the rest of that month, get the last 12 of the next month off, and be used right up to the start of those days. That's make a potential "worst case scenario" of 36 days in a row.

4: The +2 extension days. Those are standard pay and you get the Over ride pay after the 18? Clarifying I read that correctly.
Over 18 is overtime pay (above guarantee plus daily rate) Days 17 and 18 are "override" days... basically you get the 3.56 hours credit for each day and there is no premium pay if you exceed that flight time on those days. Without overcomplicating it think of it this way: 16 days at 64 hour guarantee or 18 days at 71 hour guarantee.