View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 09:48 AM
Sunvox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR 777 Captain

Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
As a former "zoomie" with the screen name to follow it, I think it's shallow for the OP to paint with such a broad brush.

, , ,

Time and again I find the internet and short posts end up creating the wrong message. I was not implying all Zoomies would agree; in fact I believe a person with a 20 year career leading men around the world in difficult situations is completely entitled to hold and voice opinions, and I respect him immensely for being willing to voice his opinion and discuss the issue without becoming hysterical. I welcome the experience and thoughtfulness that retired miltary pilots bring to the cockpit. In my limited experience as a captain, I wold much rather have an experienced 48 year old that is unphased by lightening, speed limit excesses, or frivilous ECAM's versus an overly nervous 28 year old that feels a need to file an FSAP for every missed radio call.

I honestly thought no pilot anywhere could support easing Scope so this caught me a bit by surprise, and that was what prompted me to post. I did not mean to denigrate Zoomies.