Thread: Oops 3
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 10:51 AM
dawgdriver
Swimmin' in da pool

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by symbian simian View Post
As far as consent, the way the law works: if you are too drunk to positively give consent, and you end up having sex, you are getting raped, regardless of what sex you are. So, yes, if both of you are too drunk to make a decision and end up in bed together, the first person to cry wolf afterwards has a legal case.
Again, I don’t know what happened, and I am definitely not sure if he should have been fired (especially after she left under “circumstances”), but he isn’t telling the whole story either.

Feel free to correct me if I have any of the facts wrong, I don’t have a personal attachment to the case.

"...but he isn't telling the whole story either". Really? I guess I missed that. Could you please be more specific as to what he is missing and how you've arrived at that conclusion, which happens to conflict with your opening sentence in the same paragraph "I don’t know what happened"

Not referring to this particular case, or playing barracks lawyer, but to your legal assertion as to who has a legal case, shouldn't common sense dictate that if two consenting adults, who KNOWINGLY OPT to pay $11.00 for UNLIMITED alcohol, subsequently get smashed (helloooo..), and jump in bed (...never happens....), they assume equal responsibility for the outcome? Given two people's conscious decision(s) to over-indulge, thereby accepting all potential risks/outcomes, shouldn't they BOTH share equal responsibility, regardless of who cries foul first?

Errors in judgement and crimes committed under the influence, like DUI, aren't excused due to the impaired judgement of the perpetrator.

Back to this case, again, not weighing in, but wasn't the conclusion of the internally appointed investigator (reportedly a female and strong woman's rights advocate) that there was insufficient evidence, no police report, and essentially a case of 'he said/she said'? Wasn't the case dropped and both were re-instated, until Pina saw Engelian in the training center, threatened, and later went to the press and #Metoo?

Last edited by dawgdriver; 11-04-2018 at 11:30 AM.