Thread: Oops 3
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 02:47 PM
dawgdriver
Swimmin' in da pool

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
No I DON't agree. The man certainly deserves to be able to make his case, and I wish he had made it earlier, and I have been critical of the whole "Dear Colleague" title IX attitude the #metoo people have advocated from the get-go. We should never give up on the presumption of innocence for political correctness sake. But you also do need to actually be willing to tell your side of the story and fight back, as he is starting to do now, or you are going to lose by default, both in the arena of public opinion and in the courts.
Do you believe he had the luxury to make his case any earlier?? Like anyone in his situation, he sought legal counsel and was likely instructed to remain clear of all public forums, media and news outlets as anything he said could be used against him. No attorney worth their salt would allow their client to be firing off on public forums and interviews. Seriously, it's common sense.

I'm sure it must've been agonizing remaining silent while many were playing judge and jury, accusing him of date raping a coworker. I believe we can all agree-- himself included, that his debaucherous drunken behavior was unacceptable and he's reportedly taken steps to address his addiction. He is having to accept the consequences for his poor judgement and where the chips will fall. That said, he deserves to have his day in court against his accuser, who, although never filed charges, a police report and has no evidence, nonetheless claims to be a victim of criminal sexual assault.

Always more to the story. Again, I would urge patience.

Last edited by dawgdriver; 11-04-2018 at 03:15 PM.