View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 02:51 AM
Need a real job
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by motorboatin View Post
So all you people on here screaming NO! You say you deserve better, you say, now all of a sudden, JetBlue is your new metric for comparison. You say; I want top rates, and I want LTD till I’m 65, and I want four weeks of vacation four times a year, and I want profit sharing, and I want more just because I’m a keyboard warrior and everyone else is saying it so I will too...peacocking and tailfeathering but guess what! The only thing more laugahable than your (hard, solid, strong, unified, definitive, major, or whatever other adjective you think makes) No sound more threatening, is the fact that you say you’re willing to continue at rates that are $100 below where you should be. You think magically that all of a sudden the union will be able to get you an extra $20 hour and make all your other gripes go away? Problem is, most here have had very unreasonable expectations. All gains and no changes. Thats not bargaining folks...read a book and do some reasearch. Most of the genius mathematicians on here use hypothetical numbers on napkins or spreadsheets that don’t even function. But gawddammnit, they think it’s real, so it must be!!!

Guess what, percentages matter, improvements matter, and your fragile egos do not. You are now making less than Allegiant and SunCountry! That's embarrassing. We are a budget carrier. We are budget pilots. We don’t work for the most exclusive and highly desirable airline out there. We work for a run-of-the-mill crappy outfit. Yes, we fly the Airbus and right now we fly it for max $166/hour. And you’re going to scoff at the ability to do it shortly for $245/hr?? That’s $80 and likely over $80,000/year, not including the fact that your 12% comes without having to sacrifice 10% of your hourly rate.

You want Delta, or JetBlue, or whoever else?? Go get hired there! Fact is, most of you that are trying, that can’t get hired elsewhere, likely will not. The world is a cold and dark place. You ever heard of not looking a gift horse in the mouth?? Honestly, I’m sorry you feel that you’ve been wronged or screwed by your union. Again, simple fact, they know more than we do. They will live and breathe this contract with us. They know the NMB will do nothing to help us get anything more than more unproductive sessions. There will be no strike! Don’t believe me, read some books, do some research as to what politically motivates people in DC. Who sides with labor?? LABOR. And labor doesn’t let labor go to self-help.

Take yourselves down from the self-righteously imposed pedestal and take a look at the reality of this situation. MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS! Is it everything we wanted? well No! Of course it’s not. But it puts me in the ballpark of where I need to be.
You’re a budget pilot? Ok got it, thanks. The rest of us are not. You have your yes vote and that’s great. You can stop with your spineless antics. The rest of us value ourselves with other airbus pilots.