View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 02:47 AM
Bluesideup24
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Default ANC 747 for Junior FOs

Hi Folks,

I am headed to the interview soon and if succesfull, I want to be prepared for the eventuality to go to ANC on the 74. So in case it happens I would like to ask a few questions regarding the lifestyle as a junior 74 ANC FO. I really appreciate the feedback. I have a few friends in UPS but all SDF based on the 75/76.

1. Can junior pilots hold any kind of RSV line with 14 days off in a row? If not what is the seniority to hold those?

2. What do Junior lines look like at the beginning? Is it possible to hold a line with 14 days off in a row? I will be commuting to the East Coast most likely so for me that would be better to commute only once per month!!

3. If you are commuting, can you usually get on a plane on your last duty day ( UPS or passenger airline) or most of the time it has to be on your first day off?

4. Is the International flying on the 74 mostly during the day or is there a fair share of night flying?

5. Are the trips mostly 3/4 pilots or 2 pilots? What is the rule at UPS to have extra crew for in flight relief?

6. Do 74 pilots sometimes feel tired/fatigued due to the constant jet lag combined with night flying?

Thanks a lot for any feedback. I am sure this post will also help a lot of potential new joiners.