View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 07:34 AM
Biffsteritis
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Let’s take a breath for a minute. It’s not time to recall the MEC or oust ALPA in favor of FAPA.

Worse-case scenario: The MEC has done exactly what they are mandated to do, they’ve negotiated a contract that they think will be acceptable to most of the membership and represents the long-term interests of the pilot group as a whole.

Best-case scenario: This is yet another negotiating strategy put forth by the MEC. Maybe they want it voted down? Then they can take it to the NMB so an impasse can eventually be declared.

My hope is for the latter.

Either way, it’s us, the membership, who will decide. If it’s a turd, like I and many other’s think it is, we vote it down and send them back to work. Remember, our elected representatives work for us! Our dues pay for these negotiations. Their job is to negotiate in our best interests.

I admit that the bullet points are VERY DISAPPOINTING, but I am currently withholding judgement of the MEC. So far, I’ve been very happy with the current MEC. They’ve taken an aggressive stance in negotiations, they have vehemently defended individual pilot’s against an antagonist and vengeful management team, and they’ve done a great job communicating with the pilot group.

Before we go nuclear and start yelling “recall” or “we want FAPA”, let’s let the MEC play their cards. Look what happened when we announced an AIP and took down our websites—Full classes. Imagine how quickly that dries up if the union makes an announcement that this deal stinks!!!

That’ll be a tough pill for Barry to swallow.