Thread: Please read
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 05:13 AM
DJ506
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Right & Left

Originally Posted by squawk 762 View Post
There has been a lot of chaos on the CRJ side for sure, but from my recent experience, some of the above information is not correct.

-There are currently only two contract instructors. Both have 10+ years on he CRJ at other regionals.

-Most of those that contributed to the high failure rate were actually instructors hired on as sim contract instructors. Something like fourteen were hired on and sent through groundschool, with two getting signed off as sim instructors.

-In May and June most of the instructors were pulled to the line, first to make the numbers look good for the IPO and the investors that were regularly touring, then to cover a lot of flights for the PSA debacle. They are all back now.

-There are currently only two contract instructors. Both have 10+ years on he CRJ at other regionals.
-Scheduling is very disorganized, and the scheduling girl is overworked and underpaid. You will probably have many different instructors. I had all of them. I passed my checkride though.

-Washouts from other airlines are also contributing to the high failure rate.

I was pretty happy with all the training, except FPT. Four days of an instructor re-reading the GOM, and the CFM, and four hours of watching two other students go over flows on the computer trainer.That was really non-productive. There is no FMS trainer. I’d recommend observing sims, and obsessively memorizing and studying all of the profiles before you get to the sim.

WoW 10+ years on the CRJ and still not able to progress in their airline careers!!Hmmmm....
In this crazy hiring culture, esp. with 'Flow Through's" and such, it sure as heck, ain't their love for the CRJ. More like having some skeletons in their closets, (so to speak)...i.e. past/present training issues, personality issues, no 4 year college degree or just simply unable to pass an interview!!