View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 07:20 PM
galaxy flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont

Originally Posted by 1wife2airlines View Post
One track thinking. One or two stops could have been pax and/or crew. But are the duty period limits set by the outfit? Does Part 91 have any duty/flight time limits?
Flight/Duty limits are set by the operator; as the FAR Part 91 has no such requirement until it becomes “careless and reckless”. The NBAA has put out pretty useful guidance for limits tailored to biz operations. Having a SMS program increasingly is required for international ops, esp in EASA. I’ve been in three corporate ops, all had flight/duty limits that were close to 135; one exception being no flight time limit within a strict 14-hour duty period. At my last operation, we held to pretty tight—a couple of fully justified, crew-initiated and approved duty extensions, no crew rest exceptions. It’s a leadership issue.

Regarding GYE, it’s only stop, assuming it’s pax-driven, that breaks up the trip into two reasonable duty periods. At the price these operations, a couple of airline tickets are pennies. I’ve crew changed in Petropavlovsk, Easter Island, Tenerife, Madrid, and ANC. It’s part of the deal.

It varies a lot, though. I don’t get “one track thinking”?

GF