View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 12:00 AM
butthert
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Gary et al View Post
Thanks Mr. Denver who has never commuted, lives in base, and doesn't care about how this airline has changed and now has about 50% of the pilots commuting. You obviously don't understand that when you follow the rules of commuter policy you will make your trip more than 99.9% of the time. I have always made my trips. Giving yourself 2 options with the 2nd option arriving 1hr prior to your show time...That is a more strict policy than ASA, a REGIONAL, for crying out loud. But it normally works.

Right now there is no requirement for a pilot to provide proof they followed the policy and gave two options. Proof is requested, but it is not contractually required. I am suggesting a give and take, we can make it a requirement but at the same time relieve much of the stress from commuters who are trying to follow the rules and make the trip. If a couple of trips can be protected over the course of a year it will make commuters happier pilots, it will also improve transparency with the pilots and the company. Right now, obviously most commuters would just call in sick...and because they'll call in sick they wont bother to follow the policy and probably only have 1 option that gets them in minutes before show, thus increasing sick calls and increasing use of reserve. Maybe before you spout off your mouth you should try to understand the entire problem cycle. This is beneficial for both company and pilot. Having the company pay protect a pilot who misses a trip probably only once every couple years but always does the right thing and plays by the rules, yeah I guess thats really greedy

And for what it's worth, I will be moving to base, I will not be commuting long term. But as somebody who has done it for a long time, I actually understand the stress it puts on pilots and would like for those who continue to choose to commute to have a little better QOL.
I will pass.. Not really looking to put money towards people not working. I would rather have 321 or red eye over ride pay.