View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Flaps8posrate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Very good description on BTQ.

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
If you are dead set on Dallas, I have heard better things about PlaneSense over Boutique. I had a good friend from school who was at BTQ in DFW for 2+ years who recently left for Airshare. He flew the Pilatus and King Air. I have encountered a couple other BTQ pilots at my company.

Apparently, everyone who touched an airplane at BTQ was great to work with. Issues arose with management-labor relations, a frequent complaint I heard was SS did not have a management style that jived well with the realities of EAS 135 flying. An analogy I heard was imagine the guys who ran jet brokerages like Jetsmarter were in charge of EAS flying, that’s SS. If you look on BTQs website, you’ll see they are intensely struggling to fill basically every position at the company. That says a lot about them.

PlaneSense has pros and cons too. The 8/6 isn’t terrible by most means but that’s a lot of days to be working and a lot of days off in a row. Your airline trip to the plane is Day 1 and the return is Day 8 of your cycle, which is nice. You will essentially have to have decided that PS is the place to be for 4 or 5 years before you’ll touch a jet (from what I have heard). I’m curious to hear about the pay increases there.

If you’re dead set on DFW I’d say PS.