Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 03:03 PM
Pedro4President
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
I guess this is the more complete answer, but I was under the impression that CS was just blanket assigning it to all day 1s. Anyway, go with Pedros more complete description.
Just because it's on your HI1 or N6D doesn't make it a valid assignment.

95% of the time they hi6 you a RAP 1. However there are new schedulers that mess up and put it on your schedule without ever notifying you. In this case you are not confirmed the assignment and you are required to answer any phone call starting at midnight for the entire day. Essentially you are long call at this point. They may not know it and try to give you an assignment but just tell them you aren't on a RAP and need ten hours of rest.

On reserve I always say there's the probation way, the safe way, the I know the contract way, and the IDGAF way. If you fall into the first two categories then just always confirm your assignment if you aren't sure and go by what assignment you are given on AVRS. If still in doubt just call and talk to them to clarify. Building a report with them goes along way in increasing your QOL on reserve.

Last edited by Pedro4President; 11-28-2018 at 03:15 PM.