View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 05:33 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by KrustyF15 View Post
I did not call CRS. Despite the fact that whenever I call them, I treat them as nobility (as I know they’ve got me by the stones with their ability to arbitrarily deny a request), it is way more often than not unreciprocated... The relationship between pilots and schedulers - in my experience - used to be symbiotic and pleasant. Now it seems a them versus us mentality has been nearly universally implemented.
Additionally, I had a one day hole in my schedule that I would’ve just sat on my hands without a crash pad, so I submitted a second request to pick it up as straight M/U.
I too would like to know the details behind their denial...
Krusty, do you think you could do this for us? Call CRS, give them the reference number for the AVA request, and ask if it was an error that you were denied? I would really like to know what is going on. Was it that one scheduler made an error, they aren't honoring the agreement, or what? They should be able to give you an explanation. Honestly, I hate calling CRS for anything, but there have been times when I knew something was wrong and called them. They have been able to research errors and fix them, or at least explain them to me. You would be surprised at what they can do, and you may be due some compensation without having to grieve it or suck it up.