View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 01:24 AM
LumberJack
Coverage Award...

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by TED74 View Post
Here's the calculation I'd like to know... for every penny drop in the price of fuel, how much does my profit sharing check go up?

Pilots console themselves with profit sharing..."yeah, our JVs are flying WB flying I wish we had on our metal, but at least I capture some of that revenue via profit sharing." Does anyone know how MUCH profit sharing is actually attributable to such a thing? If any given concession/productivity give/job loss can be priced by negotiators at the table, we (DALPA) should also be able to estimate the amount of profit sharing such gives would be traded for.

My hunch is that we get a pretty small slice of the pie for significant QOL gives. Would you delay an upgrade by 3 months for $39 more profit sharing? Would you cave to a bad AM JV deal for an extra $146?

Total contract value doesn't mean much, even though it's a large number folks like to tout for various reasons. I think it would be more helpful to hear "for every $100k earned per year, pilots will reap $XYZ individually, per year, on average."
I would like to know this as well. Very good points.