View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 11:20 AM
ACMItrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by dynap09 View Post
Someone 4 years into ATI - likely now a captain with four year seniority.

ABX pilot hired 4 years ago - pay around $121/hr

ATI pilot hired 4 years ago - pay around $197/hr

So we're clear - that's about 63% over ABX - which also flies 767's. That's an insane difference - in the ATI pilots favor.

I'll skip the QOL / work environment items (I know ABX pilots hate the home basing stuff and consider that a waste etc etc).

I think some misinformation that open time flying is not paid.

ATI definitely more willing to deal with mgmt. I think ABX was approached over rates for 777 flying and turned that down, ATSG got OMNI in part for 777 rates and highlighted the possibilities that brings - longer flying / DHL stuff? ABX approached with basically ATI deal and turned it down. ATI said yes. I think initially management thought they'd be investing a lot more into ABX side, and so really always approached them first, but I think those days are long gone now.

Will be interesting to track career progression of folks joining ABX and ATI going forward. Might not be so bad ATI side - some are already earning 63% more than same DOH ABX pilots it looks flying the same equipment. Don't ATI folks get raises soon too?
Yep 100% correct nobody should be going to ABX. That same guy at Spirit Jet Blue, or Frontier and countless others would have 10% more retirement than ATI, higher gurantee, min-day and duty rigs, and more days off!