Old 12-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Falcondrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016
Default Anyone know about this?Is FedEx this ruthless

Popped up on Facebook.

For all my pilot friends: Heads Up! Pay close attention to what you are doing. It’s their party and they set the rules.

So how IMPORTANT are the details on your application? Extremely Important!! I received permission to share this hoping to keep anybody from having to experience this.

”Hello XXX, I wanted to say hello and reach out to share a very very disappointing experience I had with FEDEX. A little feedback,I joined FEDEX on the MD. My background ex B777 captain for one of the Middle East carriers. Long story short, right b4 Man V, I get pull off of training. I was not given a reason other than a phone number to call a union rep. Again to make a long story short, union rep mentioned FEDEX legal was accusing me of failing to disclose information. To the best of my knowledge I had disclosed everything. The 2 issues in question where 2 disciplinary letters from my previous Middle East employer. The way I understood that particular question I mistakenly relate it to an aircraft accident or incident. Sadly the union rep said I could dispute the issue but legal was ready to fire me even with any explanation I could provide. The best choice I had was to resign. So without any choice I resigned. I never received an email nor a phone call from any manager to give me an opportunity to provide my feedback. Basically I was thrown out to the dogs. Please note this was just a day b4 Thanks Giving. I left a very lucrative 777 captain position with generous benefits including health insurance.

What hurts the most was the fact my family needs the health insurance specially my wife which she’s been diagnosed with lymphoma a form of cancer.

This has been beyond believable, an extremely disappointing experience.

FedEx was the biggest disappointment of my entire career to say the least.

My apologies for the lengthy message. I trust you can provide some personal guidance in hopes.....”

In my opinion after talking to the individual I walked away with the thought it could have happened to anybody. One item had to do with a non flying safety report filed as a result of a non flying crew members actions in which resulted from all the crew members having a letter in their file. The other had to do with a hotel manager complaining that the crew member was rude when they disclosed that their room was a mess, dirty and uninhabitable.

I share these so that you understand the severity of disclosing everything. When this crew member was pulled from the sim several days before Thanksgivings he had no idea what was coming. There wasn’t a single phone call made or the ability to explain the misunderstanding.

The statement on the applications that you sign “To the best of my knowledge” has no wiggle room for some of these airlines.

Please let’s not turn this into a bashing session. I just want you to be aware of what’s going on in the big leagues.