View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 08:50 PM
SilentLurker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: FO
Default Envoy

Originally Posted by GoFast8 View Post
ok, so proffering and bidding....I know you can proffer for a trip you want to fly, do you do the same with Standbys and RAPs?

How does one bid for standby if the rest of December has been built and not bid for bc of IOE, or is it a proffer option?

The questions I read on here! Not knocking you but short answer is: YES!

“Welcome Aboard” packet from union. Take a quick look at that.

Fleet specific bid packets take a quick look at the front page.

Much better resources than APC....

1. “Welcome Aboard” packet issued by ALPA during Indoc! Almost all questions you think you might have is answered in that packet! It’s a great read, clearly written, well explained details I wish I had during my indoc days, or 1st year.

2. During IOE, your IOE Instructor will go through many things with you before released to the line, including bid packets. If not just ask. If not quick Crew Room visit. Just ask anyone.

3. Two days of base Move Day & 1 Base Indoc Day. Plenty of time to ask someone.

4. Again Plenty of time to walk the crew room to find a FO or CA to speak with.

5. Also contact or email your mentors,fellow union members/LECs/P2Ps.

Talk and interact personally with fellow pilots, do not be afraid to ask pilot on property questions in person. It’s ok to not know it all. Asking questions build relationships! No question is silly, really good people on the line willing & geared to help.

*If your a Cadet and not on property yet, no need to worry yourself knowing the details of Bidding codes AVRS and DEC codes.*

Last edited by SilentLurker; 12-07-2018 at 09:00 PM.