Thread: I am a no voter
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 05:53 PM
CantStayAway
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Patternholder View Post
So my question is this...you are on a 4 day trip. On day 2 you are struck by an asteroid. Are you still pay protected for the remainder of the trip? I can’t seem to find any language that covers this.

I gotta say I was leaning yes but now I am strong NO!!!

We could go through a year long meteor shower and be pelted by hundreds of asteroids. I really think they overlooked this one!
I’m going to guess you never worked at a regional. If you did I’ll guess again that it was Expressjet or SkyWest. I’ve worked at a regional where the meaning of a word was twisted to benefit the company on multiple occasions. Usually in arbitration the company won the battles. Reassignments were commonplace there and I’ve seen pairings that were up to GG before. A = 1st reassignment, B = 2nd, etc.

Language matters and it’s just not here in this deal. Frontier WILL exploit any loopholes (or in this case license to reassign at will). If you don’t mind reassignments on a regular basis then I see your point, but I sometimes bid certain trips based on the layover, especially the ones at home.