Thread: I am a no voter
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 05:45 AM
MCDUie
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: A320 FO

I’m not 100% against being reassigned mid trip, I know that this is a business and being reliable is an important part of that. However, if the company is going to remove us from a trip that we were awarded by seniority, they should compensate us 150%- 200% over guarantee for the reassignment portion. This compensates the pilot for their hassle and penalizes the company for changing schedules. In theory it “should” limit the amount of reassignments. Even if it doesn’t, at least the pilot makes a little extra money at the end of the month.

I came from a regional where the company would exploit every loophole it could find. Without language penalizing the company for things that reduce QOL it will become their new routine. We have to take into consideration that we will most likely be short staffed for the foreseeable future. With the aggressive growth plans and industry bottom pay we are going to find it hard to staff once hiring ramps up at the big 3. We really need to guard against loose language that could become a nightmare for QOL.