Thread: I am a no voter
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 08:53 AM
CantStayAway
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by MCDUie View Post

I came from a regional where the company would exploit every loophole it could find. Without language penalizing the company for things that reduce QOL it will become their new routine.
Maybe we can exploit it back. This contract is riddled with weak language. Check out this one in section 3...

L. SHOW PAY
Except for a Pilot returning from sick status in accordance with Paragraph 14.D., if two (2) Pilots are scheduled and show for the same Sequence, the senior Pilot shall have the option of flying the Sequence. The Pilot who flies will receive Pay Credit for the Sequence in accordance with Paragraph 3.E.6. and the other Pilot shall receive Pay Credit for the scheduled value of the Sequence.

So Captains who show up to the same pairing number as their FOs can elect to have the FO fly while they go home (unless the FO is senior, then the FO could elect to go home). Of course this isn’t the intent of the language but I can’t believe the company let this one slip in there. Makes me wonder what other crap the company can pull with the loose language. It will be manipulated, I’m certain.